Tuesday, April 04, 2006

immunity, please

“Books and beer are the best and worst defense.” ~Sherman Alexie, The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fist Fight in Heaven

And that's the defense I'm going to use for my two-week hiatus from blogging. Sorry, all.

Perhaps I should explain a little. As per usual, the week before spring break was filled with assingments, tests and loads of other to-dos. (By the way, thanks for cancelling class, Professor Strickland.) This year, most of my school work fell during the beginning of the week, which was good and bad at the same time. So here's where books are my best - and honest - defense.

But then there is the beer factor. My last test was on Thursday, so I really did have reasonable time to pump out two blog entries. The problem? My brain - and thirst - had already checked out for the week. Instead of spending Thursday night faithfully in front of my computer, I hit up Old Chicago with my roommates and knocked off three or four more beers from the restaurant's 110 varieties, coming ever closer to getting my name on a plaque that says I completed Old Chicago's World Tour of Beers.

So again, I apologize for the lack of blogging that week.

In order to account for being MIA last week, we better expand that list to books, beer and the beach. And maybe to be fair, beer should be changed to booze in general.

I spring breaked for the first time this year. Three of my closest friends and I spent the week on South Padre Island in Texas, doing nothing but tanning, reading for pleasure and drinking. Normally, I wouldn't call this kind of vacation in my character - I'm more of a have-a-few-beers-at-the-Berg kind of partier. Really though, I'm glad I took the trip. It was a fairly crazy week and, honestly, I did a lot of things I'm not entirely proud of. But I don't regret a single minute of any of it.

Anywho, I'm back to being a faithful blogger now. Maybe I'll even try to be a little more faithful, to make up for before. Either way, hello again and cheers, all.

1 comment:

rainy day blues said...

we sure did have some Crazy times!!! Glad to see your blog is back in buisness!!!